Monday, October 30, 2006

Job interview update

I didn't think I'd have an update on the job interview from more than a week ago. But, go figure, Nelson is a small, small town and the talent pool is not what it was in Denver.

For a recap, see the First Job Interview post where Don and I learned that I was competing for a job with his boss' husband, oy! Well, turns out hubby really was interested in the job after interview #1, and I was totally turned off. It was, with no emphasis added, one of the worst job interviews I've been in on both sides. I wouldn't have hired me! My lack of interest must have bled through.

But lo and behold, last Friday I get a voicemail message midday--they want a SECOND interview!! What? You have to be kidding. Something must have happened, I think candidate choice #1 fell through and it was down to the rest of the pickings. I emailed Don, he found out boss' hubby also was called back for a second interview.

Well, like the kind-hearted woman I am, I returned the message and politely withdrew my name from consideration. I mean, 99.9% CMS? Whatever. Anyway, I like to think I am doing all I can to help Don's job aspirations with his boss because she is dying for her husband to get a job (and make some money??) and with me out of the picture, hubby's chances just got a whole lot better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home