Thursday, November 30, 2006

Towering over Nelson

My co-worker at Council Nan writes all the internal newsletters for staff. She started (perm employee) about a month before me, we've become good friends and Don and I will have Christmas tea (dinner) at her place in a few weeks.

She told me for years she'd been looking for this photo around the anniversary date, it was published some time ago to demonstrate to Nelsonians (Nelsonites??) the scale of the devastation on 9/11. She said people couldn't relate to the actual height of the buildings because they were surrounded by other tall buildings, it being NYC and all. So someone Photoshop-ped the twin towers superimposed over the Nelson "skyline." The two iconic Nelson buildings--the one in the bottom right corner is the clock tower, the building I work in, and the one at the far lower left is the Rutherford Hotel.

I thought it was a fascinating photo (clearly a poor newspaper quality scan) for her purposes, and also ours so you all have an idea of the scale of our town too.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home