Friday, August 18, 2006

Back slavin’ for da man…

Not sure what the over/ under was for when I would start working again but anything close to 30 working days would be the winner. Actually I’m just doing part-time work (10-20 hours/ week) for a recruitment firm. So I’m still not sure the full extent of my responsibilities but I do know I will be trying to identify the right candidates to fill open positions in the area – reviewing applicants’ qualifications, calling references, and so on. The office is small and only 2 other people work there (receptionist and recruiter). The company is in the process of determining if there is enough business in the Nelson area to hire a 3rd person permanently. I will also say they are very low budget - they get their office furniture from second hand shops and I’m not even sure I’ll get my own stapler. The great part is that the hours are very flexible; I will be able to set my own hours and days. Plus, the office is about a 25 minute walk and should only be about 10 minutes by bike. Anyway, we’ll see where this goes.

1 Comments:

At Fri Aug 18, 06:13:00 pm NZST, Blogger Don Bartkowiak said...

As usual, Don didn't tell the whole story. "Da man" is actually "da woman," he works for a very nice woman from Superior (you may have read this post awhile ago) named Sarah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home