Friday, August 25, 2006

Another one bites the dust

Just when all the free-wheeling and life of luxury was getting comfortable, I too went and got a job. Part-time, like Don, but still I'll be heading back to an office. Not 24 hours after I submitted my resume, I got a call for a job on Mondays and Tuesdays as . . . a webmaster. Of sorts. My experience with Dreamweaver is sought after and I'll be working for the public communications office of the Nelson City Council for the next few months.

I couldn't be more ecstatic, I've wanted to actually use my MPA and work in local government, so working for the city council office is pretty much ideal. Plus I'm doing something different--web site management and a bit of design--and best of all, it's only 2 days per week and 5 minutes walk from home. Plus my workdays coincide with Dons, so Wednesdays through Sundays will be travel time, farting around time, and maybe try-to-lose-weight time.

Next week we are awaiting the arrival of our shipping container with glee, we are soooooo excited. Then we'll be heading down south in a couple of weeks to the Christchurch area, Akaroa and the Banks peninsula for my birthday. But you'll hear from us in between, NOT to worry!

2 Comments:

At Sat Aug 26, 02:49:00 am NZST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic! We are not surprised. They are lucky to get you. Your birthday gift is on it's way. Love, Joe & Deanna

 
At Sat Aug 26, 03:55:00 pm NZST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After experiencing these very interesting blogs, Mom and I think you could write a wonderful book or story of your move to New Zealand, using the blogs as a backdrop. Bet you've already thought of that. Love, Dad & mom Joe & Deanna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home